Subject: RE: [relax-ng] A name for non-XML syntax?

that'll work!

-----Original Message-----
From: James Clark [mailto:jjc@jclark.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 21, 2002 9:17 PM
To: Michael Fitzgerald; RELAX NG List

I agree we badly need a name.  However, I think "non-XML" is perhaps not
the most helpful way to describe the syntax. OK, so it's not XML, but what
is it?  There are many different styles of syntax other than XML.  The best
word I've been able to think of so far to describe the syntax is
"expression": the syntax is in the style of regular expressions, or of
expressions in modern programming languages.  So how about something like

  RELAX NG Express -- Expression Syntax for RELAX NG

with a file extension of ".rne"?