Subject: Re: [relax-ng] Encoding declaration, MIME type

"MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given)" scripsit:

> If we need a specialized media type for our compact syntax, I think that
> application/vnd.oasis-open.rng with the charset parameter is probably
> acceptable.

I am quite opposed to using application/* for what is basically a plain
text standard.  In a very practical sense, it will make RNC unreadable
when you receive one in an email, unless you have set it up to be read
with a plain-text viewer.  So why not text/plain?

--
John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>     http://www.reutershealth.com