Subject: [relax-ng] Relax NG on the cutting edge of trendy science

As I understand it, the basic thesis of Stephen Wolfram's "A New Kind of
Science" is that we can understand more of nature by describing it in terms
of operations on finite automata than by piling up equations. If we could
describe and manipulate XML document structures this way--but wait! With
finite tree automata as the basis, isn't that what Relax NG has been doing
all along?

Bob DuCharme          www.snee.com/bob           <bob@
snee.com>  "The elements be kind to thee, and make thy
spirits all of comfort!" Anthony and Cleopatra, III ii