Subject: Re: [relax-ng] Mixed and compact syntax

On Fri, 2002-07-05 at 20:02, John Cowan wrote:

> You omitted the "*" after the element declaration corresponding to
> the "zeroOrMore"; an easy mistake to make, I find, especially when
> translating XML to compact syntax by hand.

Ooops, thanks for spoting it!

> > Also, I don't see if mixed{foo, bar} and mixed{foo|bar} are allowed or
> > not and wonder what would be their meanings...
>
> They are, and they mean text & (foo, bar) and text & (foo|bar) respectively.

I find this very confusing for especially for "mixed{foo, bar}". People
would probably expect this to mean "mixed content with ordered foo and
bar" rather than a "group of foo and bar with any text node before or
after the group"!

Makes me think that I have a more general question about the rules to
read things such as: "p1, p2 | p3 & p4"... Are these allowed and how do
they read?

Thanks

Eric

--