Subject: [relax-ng] Compact syntax proposal: allow redundant , and & and |

I should like to propose that we allow redundant commas (or vertical bars
or ampersands) just before a right paren, square bracket, or curly brace.
This would allow:

foo = (
	attribute foo1 {text},
	attribute foo2 {text},
	attribute foo3 {text),
	)

bar = element bar {
	element bar1 {text},
	element bar2 {text},
	element bar3 {text},
	}

Allowing such redundant separators makes it easier to maintain lists
by hand.  Perl allows redundant commas and C allows redundant commas
and semicolons in similar circumstances.

--
John Cowan       http://www.ccil.org/~cowan        <jcowan@reutershealth.com>
                Clear all so!  `Tis a Jute.... (Finnegans Wake 16.5)