Subject: Re: [relax-ng] Minutes for RELAX NG TC Telecon 2002-07-18

On Thu, 2002-07-18 at 18:16, John Cowan wrote:
> Michael Fitzgerald scripsit:
>
> > 3. Redundant trailing ,|&
> >
> > John: [uncaptured statements in support]
> > Norm: I think we should avoid it
> > Kohsuke: [uncaptured clever workaround]
>
> For the record:  the fact that ", empty" and "& empty" and "| notAllowed"
> have no meaning, and therefore can be used like this:
>
> 	element foo {...},
> 	element bar {...},
> 	element baz {...},
> 	empty

It's difficult to jump in without having followed the conference, but I
find it useful to be able to express the simple form of a Relax NG
schema using the compact syntax (it's the format I am using to "print" a
schema in my implementation) and doing so requires to use trailing empty
(or notAllowed) patterns since the simple form requires exactly 2
patterns in what WXS calls "compositors".

My personal preference would thus be to allow the expression of the
simple form in the compact syntax...

Eric

PS: would the Relax NG TC accept me back? (would make things easier!)
--
See you in San Diego.
                               http://conferences.oreillynet.com/os2002/