Subject: Re: [relax-ng] Some ideas about type-assignment

On Mon, 12 Aug 2002 12:11:35 -0400 (EDT)
John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com> wrote:

> > - Type-assignement should be separated from validation (It should be
> >   possible to do type-assignment without performing validation, and
> >   vice versa)
>
> Does this mean that it is possible to type-assign even schema-invalid
> documents?

I think that validation is too expensive for simple applications.  Thus,
I would like to separate validation and type-assignment.  Another reason
is modularity of processes.

If type-assignment is separated from validation, type-assignment is happy
to handle invalid documents.  The result may be almost correct or may be
completely meaningless.

--
MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given) <EB2M-MRT@asahi-net.or.jp>