Subject: [relax-ng] Confirmation needed: string values and attributes

Hi,

I would just like to get a confirmation (to my reading of the spec
confirmed by the behavior of Jing) that schemas that cannot validate any
instance document can be achieved by specifying a value with linefeeds
in an attribute.

For instance:

<element xmlns="http://relaxng.org/ns/structure/1.0"; name="foo">
 <attribute name="bar">
  <value type="string">
		Can't be matched.
	</value>
 </attribute>
</element>

is a schema which specifies that the value of the attribute bar must
contain line feeds which cannot happen per the normalization done on
attribute values in XML 1.0.

The schema is thus correct but there are no documents which can be valid
per this schema.

Is that true?

Thanks

Eric