Subject: [relax-ng] Re: Attribute grammars

"James Clark" <jjc@jclark.com> wrote:

> 1. In the semantic rule for the nameClass production:
>
> x.elem := elem.rng
>
> should not elem.rng be _.elem?

Right.  This is a bug.

> 2. There ought to be a list of sematic attributes along with a precise
> description of their types (single element, sequence of elements, string,
> etc)

Hers is such a list.

1) Synthesized semantic attributes

- rng
	a pattern constructed for the current
	non-terminal

- synthesizedContext

	namespace or datatype declarations that
	are declared in or precedes the current non-terminal

- val
	a string value

- anno
	a set of annotation attributes and a sequence of
	annotation elements

Note: should we omit this and rather use annoElems and annoAtts only?

- annoElems
	a sequence of annotation elements

- annoAtts
	a set of annotation attributes

- annoCont
	a sequence of annotation elements or strings

Note: should we omit annoElems and use annoCont?

- dataAtts
	attributes for a <data> pattern

- nsAtts
	an empty set or a set containing an "ns" attribute.

2) Inherited semantic attributes