Subject: Re: [relax-ng] Conversion of comments between the compact and the XMLsyntax

On Wed, 2003-01-29 at 13:21, James Clark wrote:

> Is this OK?

That's much better!

I don't know if there is a real need for this or if it's purely
"academical" but I stumbled on this issue while presenting workarounds
for people who would absolutely need to annotate "value" or "param"
patterns and comments are one of them.

The fact that there is no roundtrip between the XML and compact syntax
for these comments is probably not a big deal, but it means that
comments are not a good workaround any longer (at least with trang).

I don't know how to compare this with "real" bugs or features, but I'd
probably need to mention it as a restriction.

Sorry to be such a pain :-) ...

Eric
--
Read me on XML.com.