Subject: Re: [relax-ng] Trang bug?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Fitzgerald" <mike@wyeast.net>
To: "James Clark" <jjc@jclark.com>
Cc: "RELAX NG List" <relax-ng@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2003 12:40 PM

> > If the RNC did have a "start =", then that sounds like a bug.  If you
> > send me the RNC, then I can deal with it.
> >
> > James
>
> Here's the RNC. -Mike
>

> C:\XML\Rng\Examples>cat simple.rnc
> # hello
> ## hello
> simple = element simple { text }

But your RNC doesn't have a definition for start.  If you tried to use
jing -c with simple.rnc, it would complain since simple.rnc isn't a
standalone correct RELAX NG schema by itself.  Trang doesn't complain
because simple.rnc could potentially be part of a correct RELAX NG schema
and the translation to RELAX NG XML syntax is well defined. This is a
feature, not a bug.