Subject: Re: Question about WXS datatypes ID, IDREF and IDREFS

The DTD compatibility spec does not define its own ID datatypes. IOW,
there's no such thing as "DTD ID type".
It simply defines the "ID-ness" that can be assigned to datatypes.

> This could lead to schemas being valid for a RNG processor supporting
> only WXS datatypes and invalid for a RNG processor supporting both DTD
> and WXS types.

This is true. Some instances could be considered valid by a RNG processor
without DTD compatibility support, and the same documents could be
considered invalid by a RNG processor with DTD comp. support.

I believe one option we've considered is to add something like SOAP's
@mustUnderstood so that the schema can say "I want to require this
particular extension (like DTD compatibility) for this schema"

regards,
--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi                  408-276-7063 (x17063)
Sun Microsystems                   kohsuke.kawaguchi@sun.com