Subject: Re: [relax-ng] Namespace URI to designate RELAX NG compact syntax

Kohsuke Kawaguchi wrote:

> I wonder if the TC could assign the namespace URI to denote the compact
> syntax.

I understand "namespace URI" to mean URI used as the namespace name in
an XML document, so I don't think a namespace URI for the compact
syntax makes sense.

> The motivation was that I wanted to use the JARV API, a Java validation
> API, with the compact syntax. It is a schema language neutral API, and
> the way the API works is for a client to designate a schema language by
> using the URI (in case of RELAX NG 1.0, this was
> "http://relaxng.org/ns/structure/1.0";)

What I would have thought you need is just a URI that designates the
languages. The natural choice would seem to be the URL of the spec:

  http://relaxng.org/compact-20021121.html