Subject: reactivation of the RELAX NG TC; election of co-chairs

RELAX NG TC members:

You've probably seen a few messages on this list in the last few weeks
in regards to whether the TC should be closed. I had enquired of the
chair a few months ago regarding the status of the TC, especially given
the guidelines in the OASIS TC Process for closing inactive TCs [1].

In responses to the list, and to me privately, a small number of TC
members have stated that there is still work to be done, especially in
regards to errata for the current RELAX NG spec. If there is work to be
done then by all means it should be done, but there is no provision in
the Process for continuing a TC in long-term inactivity or hiatus.

A TC must have a chair to continue, and I have been informed that the
current chair is unable to continue the duties of chairing the TC. So
the first thing required in order to reactivate the TC is to elect a new
chair or co-chairs. It has been suggested that I step in to conduct this
election.

I will now accept, via this email list, nominations for chair or
co-chairs. Please send nominations to this list by the end of day, U.S.
Eastern Time, 19 July (approximately seven days and 13 hours from now).
You may nominate yourself or another person. The person nominated must
be a member of the TC. If you are nominating another person that person
must respond accepting the nomination.

At the end of the nomination period I will open an electronic ballot for
a seven day period. All people listed as members of the TC on the TC's
roster will be eligible to vote.

[1] http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php#closing

-Karl

Karl F. Best
Vice President, OASIS
office  +1 978.667.5115 x206     mobile +1 978.761.1648
karl.best@oasis-open.org      http://www.oasis-open.org