Subject: A proposed revision of the OASIS TC Process,

Dear colleagues,

> You're aware that the OASIS Board has been working on a new IPR Policy
> and a revision of the TC Process. The IPR Policy was sent out for member
> review a couple months ago, and I sent out a version of the TC Process
> for member review on Monday (and there has been some discussion about
> the latter on the chairs list).

I am wondering what is the real impact of these new policies to
RELAX NG.

Let's consider the worst case.  Here I assume that some members of
this TC cannot accept the upcoming IPR policy.  BTW, if you cannot accept
the proposed IPR policy, please let me know.

Option 1: This TC will not accept the new IPR policy and will
          dissolve in nine months.

At present, the OASIS RELAX NG specification is available at
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/relax-ng/spec-20011203.htm.
The other specs of this TC are available in the same directory.

I am not sure if these specs continue to be avaliable when this TC
is closed.  If the directory for this TC is removed, will these
specs disappear?  Remember that RELAX NG is merely a committee
spec rather than an OASIS standard.  (We can certainly go for
an OASIS standard, but is this a clever use of our time?  After
all, RELAX NG is an ISO/IEC standard already.)

Option 2: Some members of the TC leave, and this TC is rechartered
          under the new policies.

If we exercise this option, apparently, none of the RELAX NG
specs will disappear.

However, the proposed TC process requires that we add a new
deliverable.  Otherwise, this TC will be closed.

> The TC Administrator must close a TC that has completed
> charter if the TC does not add new deliverables.

What should be the new deliverable?  RELAX NG V2?

MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given) <EB2M-MRT@asahi-net.or.jp>