Subject: IPR Transition Deadline Rapidly Approaching

Hi everyone,

  I'm interrupting your normally-scheduled activites to remind the TC that the time available to complete the IPR Transition process prior to the 15 April 2007 deadline is closing rapidly. According to the IPR Policy that was adopted by the OASIS Board of Directors and effective 15 April 2005, each TC in existence prior to that date would have two years to complete a transition to one of three IPR modes: RF on Limited Terms, RF on RAND Terms, and RAND Terms.

  I've included links below to the IPR Transition Policy[1] and the FAQ[2]; I'd be happy to answer any questions anyone might have about the transition process. I can not, however, make any recommendations regarding the actual IPR modes. Organizational TC members will want to discuss the options with their company's primary voting representative.

Regards,

Mary

Mary P McRae
Manager of TC Administration, OASIS
email: mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org
web: www.oasis-open.org
phone: 603.232.9090

Register for OASIS Adoption Forum:
"Managing Secure Interactions in Sector Applications"
28 - 29 Nov 2006, London
www.oasis-open.org/events/adoptionforum2006/

[1] Policy: http://www.oasis-open.org/who/ipr/ipr_transition_policy.php
[2] FAQ: http://www.oasis-open.org/who/ipr/transition_faq.php