[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
Subject: RE: [relax-ng] Which mode should we choose?
From: David RR Webber (XML) [mailto:email@example.com]
Sent: Friday, November 03, 2006 4:12 PM
To: MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given)
Subject: RE: [relax-ng] Which mode should we choose?Murata,We will also need to change our charter first.We need explicitly add a section on IPR - my suggest is that we state that we do not accept contributions to the work that have associated IPR and hence are not public and open.Our current charter also needs updating on dates and deliverables - see charter next below.Thanks, DW======================================================RELAX NGStatement of PurposeThe purpose is to create a specification for a schema language for XML based on the TREX proposal (http://www.thaiopensource.com/trex/). The key features of TREX are that it:
- is simple
- is easy to learn
- uses XML syntax
- does not change the information set of an XML document
- supports XML namespaces
- treats attributes uniformly with elements so far as possible
- has unrestricted support for unordered content
- has unrestricted support for mixed content
- has a solid theoretical basis
- can partner with a separate datatyping language (such W3C XML Schema Datatypes)List of DeliverablesThe deliverable is a specification for the language. The projected date for the first Committee Specification is 1 July 2001.
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [relax-ng] Which mode should we choose?
From: "MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given)" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Fri, November 03, 2006 10:05 am
Dear members of the RELAX NG TC,
We have to choose one of the modes unless we want to close this
TC. "RF on Limited Terms" sounds the most approproate for us. Any
After we choose one of the modes, we will start a transition request
ballot. In my understanding, an e-mail ballot is good enough. After
that, I will ask Mary McRae to conduct the rest of the transition.
MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given) <EB2M-MRT@asahi-net.or.jp>