Subject: RE: [relax-ng] Let's have a meeting

Norm,

Landline would be better - at 11am in office I don't have access to my VoIP.

Thanks, DW

-------- Original Message --------
From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Wed, November 08, 2006 3:33 pm
To: "MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given)" <eb2m-mrt@asahi-net.or.jp>
Cc: relax-ng@lists.oasis-open.org

/ "MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given)" <eb2m-mrt@asahi-net.or.jp> was heard to say:
| Dear colleagues,
|
| I was hoping that my mail is good enough for starting a transition
| request ballot.  But 2.13 TC Voting of the OASIS TC process says:
|
| A motion to open an electronic ballot must be made in a TC
| meeting unless the TC has adopted a standing rule to allow this
| motion to be made on the TC¡Çs general email list. When such a
| rule has been adopted, motions made on the mail list must also
| be seconded and discussed on that list.

I thought we had agreed to adopt email motions as a standing rule.

| So I am going to call a meeting.  Skype appears to be good enough, since
| there are only five members.  If you do not have any problems, please
| create a Skype account and send the account to me.  You probably
| want to e-mail me presonally so that your Skype account is not shown in
| the e-mail archive.

I'll send my skype info under separate cover. I've had very bad luck
with VoIP technology from my house (I think my cable company is
messing with the bandwidth in an attempt to get me to buy VoIP from
them, but maybe that's paranoid).

I can setup a standard telephone conference if that helps.

| How about 17 June, 1:00AM in the Japanese Standard Time?  This
| is equal to 16 June, 8:00 AM in PST.

I assume you mean 11:00a EST (08:00a PST, 16:00GMT, 17:00CET,
01:00JST+, 09:30p India) on 16 *Nov* not 16 June :-)

| There are two issues to discuss.
|
| 1. Which IPR mode should we choose?
|
| 2. Revising the charter

I propose that, if we haven't adopted a rule that allows us to make
motions by email, we do that too.

                                       Be seeing you,
                                         norm

--