remote-control message

Subject: Meeting of Remote-Control TC with President Patrick Gannon

Hi, all Remote-Control XML TC members,

I am Jung In Choi, a volunteers for one of TC co-Chairs  with Mr. Fred O'Neal.

We, some TC members, had a meeting with President Patrick Gannon on Oct. 29th in Korea. We discuss on the activation plan of TC.

I am sending the Minutes for Remote-Control XML TC meeting with  President Patrick Gannon as follows:

Date : Oct. 29th, 2006

Place :  Intercontinental Hotel, Seoul ,   Korea

Attendees :

Mr. Patrick Gannon (President, OASIS),
Young Hwan Huh (acogito; Tbog, TC Co-Chair)
Jung In Choi (Voceweb, TC members),
Jihyun Chung (acogito, TC members),
Soyoung Lee(Voceweb, non-member),
Jungyong Suh (Tbog, non-member)

Discussion Issues

1. Activation Plan for Remote-Control XML TC

1) Cooperartion with 'RCXML Forum' ( Korean Local TC for Remote-Control XML) and designate a Subcomittee or Korean Branch of Remote-Control XML TC

- Recruit 'RCXML Forum' members into New Members of TC
- Utilizing "RCXML Forum' resources such as supporting manpower and office

 2) Cooperation with other TC such as 'Open Building Information Exchnage XML (oBIX)'
- 'Echelon' works for both TCs
- Share the Members and Specs.

 3) Frequent update the TC website and communication with OASIS Head Quarters

 4) Organize an International Conference or Workshop on Remote-Contro XML

2. Suggestion on Designation 'Jung In Choi' to A New TC Chair.

1) Dr. Jung In Choi (CEO of Voceweb, also, Professor of Kyungwon University, EE; Ph.D, Major in Control at MIT) is one of the proposor of Remote-Control XML

     is still highly envolved in developing Remote-Control XML technical specification.

 2) Dr. Choi is taking charge of 'RCXML Forum'  and gave a presentation for the Cooperation with "RCXML Forum' in the Meeting ( uploaded the PT file on the TC site).

 3) Mr. Young Hwan Huh agreed to yield  a Co-Chair position for Dr. Jung In Choi.

 3. Next Steps

 We will implement the activation plans with all TC Member's feedback. Detailed action items will be listed on the TC Site.