rights-examples message

Subject: RE: [rights-examples] Examples

Title: Examples
It would be helpful for me if Aaron, Deirdre, or Dean could clarify what entities they see in each of their examples and what they want to communicate between them (as the fundamental purpose of a language is communication).

For example, suppose I have a use case like the following:
"Alice records a song and sends it to Bob to play."
I would then elaborate it by saying the list of entities are
1) Alice
2) Bob
and that the communications I want to achieve are
A) Alice tells Bob he can play the song.

Can you do this for each of the three cases you have mentioned below?

Thanks,
Thomas.
-----Original Message-----
From: Reddy, Hari [mailto:Hari.Reddy@CONTENTGUARD.COM]
Sent: Thursday, October 24, 2002 12:26 PM
To: burstein@boalthall.berkeley.edu; Rights-Examples (E-mail)
Cc: dmulligan@law.berkeley.edu; drowan@boalthall.berkeley.edu
Subject: [rights-examples] Examples

Hello Everyone:
I received this from Aaron earlier this month. My sincere apologies for the delay in forwarding this to the Examples SC...I had thought that I had sent this out before but it was still in my Draft folder...These examples are from the Samuelson Law Clinic/EPIC's submission which is located in the Document Repository: (http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/rights/documents/subcommittee/requirements/collected/sltppc/)

It may be beneficial to invite Aaron, Deirdre and Dean to one of our future meetings to discuss the examples some more as there may be several different approaches to the use cases.

Regards,
Hari