rights-examples message

Subject: RE: [rights-examples] Next Requirements meeting?

Hi Patrick:
Good suggestion. As I stated at the Examples SC meeting, I am again traveling next week and will have to miss the Requirements SC meeting. I hope that members of the Examples SC will attend the Requirements SC meeting to put our conversation into context. I want to make sure that the people that submitted examples do not feel that we are "throwing away" their work. We need to place the processing of examples into context of delivering the specification. This is actually very similar to a classical engineering process.
Thanks...
Regards,
Hari

-----Original Message-----
From: Patrick Durusau [mailto:pdurusau@emory.edu]
Sent: Thursday, April 17, 2003 8:07 AM
To: rights-examples@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [rights-examples] Next Requirements meeting?

Hari,

Assuming that my earlier draft (after editing and comments) meets with
the approval of the Examples SC, I think it might be appropriate to
present it at the next Requirements SC meeting. I am willing to defer
consideration of the remaining SBL objections (I don't know what was
done at the last Requirements meeting) in favor of discussion of the
proposal from the Examples SC on the handling of examples. At this
particular moment, I think getting some of those issues out of the way
are more time critical than the pending SBL objections. Most of those
are based on particular facts or documents that are not going to change
if we have to wait two weeks to take them up again.

Assuming that we do arrive at an agreeable statement from the Examples
SC, I will post a request on the Requirements SC list that the SBL
objections be deferred at the next Requirements meeting in favor of
discussion of this statement.

Hope everyone is at the start of a great day!

Patrick

--
Patrick Durusau
Director of Research and Development