rights-governance-liaison message

Subject: [rights-governance-liaison] FW: [OASIS members] revision to OASIS TCProcess

Title: FW: [OASIS members] revision to OASIS TC Process

Hello Everyone:
I apologize if this is a duplicate message...I want to make sure that everyone receives this update...This is a revision to the OASIS TC Process approved by the Board of Directors.

Regards,
Hari

-----Original Message-----
From: Karl F. Best [mailto:karl.best@oasis-open.org]
Sent: Tuesday, September 17, 2002 12:19 PM
To: members@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [OASIS members] revision to OASIS TC Process

OASIS members:

In a meeting yesterday of the OASIS Board of Directors the Board
approved a revision to the OASIS TC Process.

While the revision includes a number of minor changes throughout the
document, the major change with this revision is with the process to
approve a Committee Specification as an OASIS Standard. Where this
approval previously required a five month preparation, review, and
approval cycle that was started only once a calendar quarter, the new
approval process can be started any month and is completed in a month
and a half, but requires a public review of the Committee
Specification before being submitted to the OASIS membership.

The new TC Process document is available at
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.shtml; a link to a
summary of the changes is found on this same page.

Note that the ebXML CPPA and SAML Committee Specifications have been
submitted for review and approval as OASIS Standards under the old TC
Process. We will continue with their review and voting under the old
process; all future submissions will come under the new process.

Feel free to contact me with any questions concerning the TC Process.

</karl>