rights-requirements message

Subject: [rights-requirements] RLTC Requirement SC Meeting Minutes 6/26/02

Date: June 26, 2002

Perspective Member:
Robin Cover

1. Administrative
1.1 Roll Call
See above list of Attendees

2. Vote
2.1 Approve 6-19 Meeting Minutes
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/rights-requirements/200206/msg00004.html

BobG: Would like make a change to the minutes. There is still a concern over the length of time for Requirements gathering. The present timeline is not suffice in light of the July holidays.

JE: Agree that this is not enough time for people to respond especially those that may not be aware of the aspects of a Rights Language. Would like to request 4 more weeks.

HR: Concern is that this cannot be an open ended process in that we need to lock down a date. Will redo the schedule but also need to do another round of integration work with the other SCs before I can release the results. This change will target the final RLTC Approved Requirements Document for beginning of Sept from the present beginning of August. The Requirements SC Draft will be targeted for August 31 from the present July 31.

All: Agreed.
HR: Call for vote to accept the 6-19 minutes with the statement "Requirements SC was in agreement of the Schedule" removed. I will send out the final minutes of the 6-19 meeting with this change. (HR: I just noticed that the date is also incorrect in the email message. I'll also correct this)

HR: No dissenting votes recorded. Approved.

3 Requirements Request Document
This was a new item. The Requirements Request Document was sent out the SC based upon inputs. No further inputs were received. A discussion on the document was held. Hari reviewed the document.

HR: Would like to keep it concise and general. The document should be sent by the identified representative along with any personalization that the representative feel appropriate in the mail note and discussions. Each source entity will have their own specific context.

BobG: OK with the current text.
JE: We need to change the dates according to the discussion previously.
HR: Agreed. I will release another version based upon the agreed upon date.

4. Process Update:
Review from Source entity representatives
1. MPEG ("Motion Picture Expert Group") - BG/PS
Will Report at next meeting.
2. XBRL ("extensible Business Reporting Language") - HR
Initiated discussions. Will follow up with Zack Coffin of XBRL.
3. ebXML/UBL ("electronic business XML/Universal Business Language")- BobG
Started discussions.
4. OeBF ("Open eBook Forum") - BG
Not Present
5. AAP ("American Association of Publishers") - BG
Not Present
6. CEN/ISS DRM Working Group - BG/HR
Will follow up initial discussions.
7. OMA ("Open Mobile Alliance") - JE (tentative)
Need to get better idea if the requirements are available to the public.
8. Reuters - DP
Will send out Requirements to the Requirements SC.
9. Creative Commons - JE
10. Digital Consumer - JE
Initiated discussions (9 and 10)
11. Web Services - BobA