rights-requirements message

Subject: Re: [rights-requirements] suggestion from J Erickson

I would prefer the following form:

"..The language that will be proposed by the Rights Language TC MAY be
sufficient to express policies associated with the subject areas listed above,
but this is OUTSIDE the scope of the committee. The work product of this
committee should be seen as one component in a landscape of solutions; other
components and solutions may be developed to address those issues not addressed
by this technical committee..."

John

----- Original Message -----
From: "Reddy, Hari" <Hari.Reddy@CONTENTGUARD.COM>
To: "Rights-Requirements (E-mail)" <rights-requirements@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Monday, December 09, 2002 2:30 PM

suggestion from J EricksonHello All:
John forwarded to me another change suggestion to the Requirements Document. In
Paragraph 5 of the Introduction, he would like to propose changing the word
"standardized" to "proposed" to reflect the point that the TC proposes its
output to the OASIS membership who actually standardizes the proposal. Here are
the sentences:

old:

"...While the language that is standardized by this committee may be expressive
enough to express policy associated with the subject areas listed above, it is
important to note that ensuring this is outside the scope of this TC.

new:
""...While the language that is proposed by this committee may be expressive
enough to express policy associated with the subject areas listed above, it is
important to note that ensuring this is outside the scope of this TC.

John, I hope I've accurately captured your input.

If there are no objections, I will make the appropriate change to the document.

Regards,
Hari