rights-requirements message

Subject: [rights-requirements] Copyright and Licensing for Digital Preservation(CLDP)

Greetings,

Not as good as having actual requirements submitted but I saw an email
post for the Copyright and Licensing for Digital Preservation (CLDP)
project and thought it might provide some insight into a set of issues
we have only touched on so far in the RLTC.
http://www.lboro.ac.uk/departments/dis/disresearch/CLDP/index.htm It is
a UK project which represents at least one non-US view of the problem,
although I suspect there are multiple views and requirements in this
area in the UK just as we have found in the US.

At present only a background document is available but it does provide a
summary of the issues which the project is meant to address.

As many of the members of the TC have pointed out before, our work
product should not be bound to legal understandings peculiar to the US
so I assume it is equally true that the requirements for our work
product should equally reflect an international spectrum of requirements.

Hope everyone is at the start of a great day!

Patrick

--
Patrick Durusau
Director of Research and Development