rights-specification message

Subject: [rights-specification] CR00002?

Title: CR00002?

Here are some links I got from Bob Glushko about UBL codes:

<http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ubl/ndrsc/archive/wd-ublndrsc-codelist-01.doc>
<http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ubl/ndrsc/archive/wd-ublndrsc-codelist-01.pdf>
<http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ubl/ndrsc/archive/CodeListModuleTemplate.xsd>

Any thoughts?

I'm not sure of all the implications of this and which parts are mandatory and which are optional.  I know MPEG explicitly didn't like having the enumerated codes in schema, but perhaps that is just a demonstration here.  It is good to know that UBL also likes the general design of using a complex type inside of a namespace.

The UBL document recommends version numbers instead of date.  Can a date be a version number?  One of the problem with country codes is that they don't have published version numbers, just standard dates (and inbetween standards, newsletter dates).

Also, not sure I understand all the intricacies of having the fixed attributes in there for agency id and stuff.  It seems the only reason to put it in the schema (in addition to the spec) is to enable some kind of machine processing?  What kind of machine processing would that be?  Do we expect that a machine that understands that is going to be looking here for it?  What would it do with it that it couldn't do if it weren't there?

Any ideas/opinions/impressions/thoughts etc?

Thanks,
Thomas.

P.S. (I know that this isn't directly related to our question about currency revaluation.  They asked for clarification on that and will get back to me.)