s-ramp message

Subject: RE: [s-ramp] Groups - S-RAMP Issues Document (S-RAMP-Issues--FINAL_v1.0.pdf) uploaded

Peter,

The documents that I recently posted are the documents that are available on s-ramp.org. These documents, are as you eluded to the contributions of the four authoring companies (HP, IBM, Software AG and TIBCO). So, they are "final" in that sense of the term. I agree, that we could have used a better naming convention, but I also did not want to change the name of the contributed documents from s-ramp.org so there would not be any confusion. Also, it is stated in the charter that these are the documents that would be contributed.

These documents will be the starting point for the working drafts of the S-RAMP TC. So, there will be ample opportunity for discussion and contribution to the working drafts of both the Foundation Document and the ATOM Binding Document. We will also be going over the issues document in more detail in the first scheduled TC meeting on January 5, 2011. At that time we will get the issues logged as Action Items and get started to work on these as well as any other issues that members may bring forward.

I hope that this helps.

--Vince

Inactive hide details for Peter F Brown at work ---12/19/2010 06:25:31 PM---Hi, Not everyone was able to make the first meetingPeter F Brown at work ---12/19/2010 06:25:31 PM---Hi, Not everyone was able to make the first meeting call and I have seen three documents posted in t

Peter F Brown at work <peter@peterfbrown.com>

Vince Brunssen/Austin/IBM@IBMUS, "s-ramp@lists.oasis-open.org" <s-ramp@lists.oasis-open.org>

12/19/2010 06:25 PM

RE: [s-ramp] Groups - S-RAMP Issues Document (S-RAMP-Issues--FINAL_v1.0.pdf) uploaded

Hi,
Not everyone was able to make the first meeting call and I have seen three documents posted in the last few minutes that are all labeled "Final".
This is a filenaming mistake I presume, as no such status exists within the OASIS TC process.
I hope that all members of the TC and the wider community get substantial opportunity to comment and discuss all the submissions.
If, on the other hand they are "final" in the sense of being some definitive contribution by an OASIS member (in the TC process sense of a contribution) then that would make more sense but it might be better to avoid the label Final completely to avoid misunderstandings!
Cheers,
Peter

Peter F Brown
Independent Consultant
www.peterfbrown.com
@pensivepeter
+1.310.694.2278
Until 9 January: +32.472.027.812

Sent from my Windows Phone - Apologies for typos, levity and brevity - it's hard to type on a moving planet