s-ramp message

Subject: Dialed in late.. but I have some questions on work I did for S-RAMP-1

I dialed in late and I guess missed the call today. I will keep on working on my JIRA's.

I have been working on http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/SRAMP-1, and have some questions we can maybe talk about next week:

1. the links in the document: "For convenience, an S-RAMP XSD Model Schema xsd file is also provided at:
http://s-ramp.org/2010/specification/schemas/xsdmodel.xsd" is not valid. They can be found here instead 'http://www.s-ramp.org/8650766/xsdmodel.xsd'

2. should the license header in the xsds include the current companies involved with s-ramp?

3. the coremodel.xsd imports:

<xsd:import namespace="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" schemaLocation="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink.xsd"/>
<xsd:import namespace="http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace" schemaLocation="http://www.w3.org/2009/01/xml.xsd"/>

however xlink.xsd imports:
<xs:import namespace="http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace" schemaLocation="http://www.w3.org/2001/xml.xsd"/>

So now we have 2 versions of xml.xsd in the mix. This confuses xsd -> code generation tools like xjc. For example xjc coremodel.xsd will output

parsing a schema...
[ERROR] 'lang' is already defined
  line 87 of http://www.w3.org/2009/01/xml.xsd
[ERROR] (related to above error) the first definition appears here
  line 43 of http://www.w3.org/2001/xml.xsd
[ERROR] 'space' is already defined
  line 111 of http://www.w3.org/2009/01/xml.xsd
[ERROR] (related to above error) the first definition appears here
  line 89 of http://www.w3.org/2001/xml.xsd
[ERROR] 'base' is already defined
  line 133 of http://www.w3.org/2009/01/xml.xsd
[ERROR] (related to above error) the first definition appears here
  line 113 of http://www.w3.org/2001/xml.xsd

4. When resolving that, to both using the xml.xsd from 2001, or 2009, I run into the next issue:
parsing a schema...
[ERROR] Property "Title" is already defined. Use &lt;jaxb:property> to resolve this conflict.
  line 232 of http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink.xsd
[ERROR] The following location is relevant to the above error
  line 219 of http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink.xsd
[ERROR] Property "Title" is already defined. Use &lt;jaxb:property> to resolve this conflict.
  line 261 of http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink.xsd
[ERROR] The following location is relevant to the above error
  line 246 of http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink.xsd
Do we even need the xlink.xsd import? I don't see it referenced.

5. The xjc wsdlmodel.xsd errors out with
parsing a schema...
[ERROR] ct-props-correct.4: Error for type 'BindingOperationInput'. Duplicate attribute uses with the same name and target namespace are specified. Name of duplicate attribute use is 'NCName'.
  line 130 of file:/Users/kstam/osc/jboss/dev/s-ramp/s-ramp-api/src/main/resources/s-ramp/wsdlmodel.xsd
[ERROR] ct-props-correct.4: Error for type 'OperationInput'. Duplicate attribute uses with the same name and target namespace are specified. Name of duplicate attribute use is 'NCName'.
  line 156 of file:/Users/kstam/osc/jboss/dev/s-ramp/s-ramp-api/src/main/resources/s-ramp/wsdlmodel.xsd
[ERROR] ct-props-correct.4: Error for type 'BindingOperationOutput'. Duplicate attribute uses with the same name and target namespace are specified. Name of duplicate attribute use is 'NCName'.
  line 202 of file:/Users/kstam/osc/jboss/dev/s-ramp/s-ramp-api/src/main/resources/s-ramp/wsdlmodel.xsd
I'm proposing to give these attributes unique names: NCName1, NCName2 and NCName3; or something more descriptive.

After addressing issues 3, 4 and 5 (really just 4 and 5, since 3 goes away with removing the xlink.xsd import) I can generate the java classes using xjc.

Thx,

--Kurt