s-ramp message

Subject: Approval of Draft Spec as a Committee Specification

Good afternoon everyone!

It has been a while since we have touched base, but we need to wrap up our work on the committee specification draft and I would like us to do that before the end of the year if at all possible.  I believe we received one comment on the committee specification draft when we put it out for review and if I remember correctly that comment came from one of our TC members.  So, based on that information I sent an email to Chet asking him what our next steps are to complete our work.  He outlined those steps in the items below.  The change that needs to be made is Non-Material so I think if we can just create a log of the comment, make the appropriate changes and then we can move to a vote to move it to a committee specification.

Please comment back with your thoughts.

Thank you!
--Vince

- Regardless of who made the comment, you will need to prepare a comment resolution log. The steps are outlined in https://www.oasis-open.org/resources/tcadmin/handling-the-comments-received-during-a-public-review . Since it is one comment, it will be easy to do the log, but it does need to be done.

- *IF* the change is Non-Material, you can move directly to the vote to approve the spec draft as a Committee Specification. See https://www.oasis-open.org/resources/tcadmin/approving-a-committee-specification-or-note-draft-with-non-material-changes for an explanation of the steps for doing that. Key thing is that if it is a relatively trivial change, the TC can make it without having to do another round of public review.

- *IF* the change is Material, then the TC will need to do one more round of spec draft -> public review before approving the Committee Specification.

You can ask people to start working towards Statements of Use now. Since they need to refer to implementations of the specific Committee Specification, you can't get them until the CS is actually approved. See the definition of Statement of Use in https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process#definitions and the steps to approve an OASIS Standard at https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process#OASISstandard