saf message

Subject: RE: [saf] SAF Cloud Use Case refined

Title: Message
Hi all,

following Jeff's example see the attached attempt at the PaaS use case. It's missing colourful diagrams but hopefully those will be added sooner rather than later!

Cheers,

Stavros

-----Original Message-----
From: Vaught, Jeffrey A [mailto:Jeffrey.Vaught@ca.com]
Sent: 08 February 2010 18:34
To: saf@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [saf] SAF Cloud Use Case refined

Attached is a use case modeled somewhat after those published on the DMTF site.

After spending time working this use case, I’m now wondering if catalog “authoring” isn’t something we should consider for the Cloud profile.   For example, in the cloud use case (attached) we have the following actors:

-          Customer – who brings his requirements to the automated decision making process.

-          Stavros Investment Services – who brings its know-how (recognizing patterns of symptoms & associated actions)

-          Stock Quote Provider – who brings its symptoms

In the current Spec, we don’t really provide any guidance on how we take decision making requirements and map them to symptoms, syndromes, and protocols.  I could see an “authoring” flow working something like the following:

-          Consumer “gets” Stavros’ SAF catalog to see what Syndromes it recognizes.

-          The Stavros Syndromes could be “templates”, not necessarily functioning Syndromes.  For example, “Syndrome: Detect when Quote {quote} price has increased {increase%} within {timeinterval}.”

-          The Consumer could then instantiate such a “template”, ie: Syndrome: Detect when Quote XYZ prices has increased 5% within 24 hours.  It would be instantiated within Stavros’ Diagnostician.

-          The instantiation would also involve mapping Symptom elements to the “template” Syndrome, in addition to the above hard values.

Seems like Syndrome templates, Symptom mapping, and instantiation are important aspects of SAF that we haven’t considered up to this point.

Thoughts?

Fujitsu Laboratories of Europe Limited
Hayes Park Central, Hayes End Road, Hayes, Middlesex, UB4 8FE
Registered No. 4153469

This e-mail and any attachments are for the sole use of addressee(s) and
may contain information which is privileged and confidential. Unauthorised
use or copying for disclosure is strictly prohibited. The fact that this
e-mail has been scanned by Trendmicro Interscan does not guarantee that
it has not been intercepted or amended nor that it is virus-free.

Cloud Use Case - PaaS.doc