saf message

Subject: F2F meeting summary

Title: Message
Hi all,

thanks to all that participated last week in the meeting (either face to face or through the conference bridge). It was great to meet the CA guys in person and the meeting overall I think went very well!

We clarified our purpose statement and a number of issues pertaining to differentiators/relations with rules-based and CEP systems. This is quite helpful in order to promote and clearly explain what we are doing. The FAQ was updated, and a slidedeck is being prepared for "educational" purposes and outreach activities. The main SAF aspects/benefits we should be emphasizing seem to be the bridging of business conditions to operational reactions; the blending of cross domain information; and the collaborative nature of catalogue authoring and knowledge sharing.

In terms of the cloud profile, we have detailed out a use case which helped identify interesting aspects of the SAF in the cloud, and we will use this use case (and further two when we detail them as well) to guide the initial text in the profile. By the way, "profile" should not restrict us but we should see it more like a cloud "document" whatever that may be :-)

Tom Rutt (Fujitsu) made a technical submission to the TC and discussed some issues he identified with the current SAF spec, relating to the use of XPath, the signatures, and the prescription generation.

Finally, the "marketing" part: we will more aggressively explore alliance opportunities with other SDOs and vendors, and should be ready to present SAF to relevant audiences, e.g. in next OGF.

Let me know if I have forgotten something!

Thanks,

--
Stavros Isaiadis (PhD)
Senior Researcher

Services and Solutions Research Division
Fujitsu Laboratories of Europe Limited
Hayes Park Central, Hayes End Road
Hayes, Middlesex, UB4 8FE
tel: +44 (0) 20 8606 4520
e-mail:
stavros.isaiadis@uk.fujitsu.com

Fujitsu Laboratories of Europe Limited
Hayes Park Central, Hayes End Road, Hayes, Middlesex, UB4 8FE
Registered No. 4153469

This e-mail and any attachments are for the sole use of addressee(s) and
may contain information which is privileged and confidential. Unauthorised
use or copying for disclosure is strictly prohibited. The fact that this
e-mail has been scanned by Trendmicro Interscan does not guarantee that
it has not been intercepted or amended nor that it is virus-free.