saf message

Subject: RE: [saf] Document naming convention

Title: Message
Jeff,

Agreed.

Also, when changing or updating a document version, there is no need to add a *new* document. You can just replace the existing document and the system keeps track of the versions anyway. So maybe we even remove version numbers from the documents altogether?? We can include the version number inside the document text itself, and it is easy to find the revision in the document folder (there is a revision column next to the document name).

Cheers,

Stavros

--
Fujitsu Laboratories of Europe

-----Original Message-----
From: Vaught, Jeffrey A [mailto:Jeffrey.Vaught@ca.com]
Sent: 09 March 2010 14:26
To: saf@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [saf] Document naming convention

I’m wondering if we should use a naming convention for all docs uploaded to the Contributions folder.

I recommend the following:

-          Spec or Profile related – leave as SAF-*.  This also includes Whitepaper and Issues list.

-          Promotional related – change to Promotional-*.  This would include FAQ & PPT.

-          Use cases – change to UseCase-*.

Fujitsu Laboratories of Europe Limited
Hayes Park Central, Hayes End Road, Hayes, Middlesex, UB4 8FE
Registered No. 4153469

This e-mail and any attachments are for the sole use of addressee(s) and
may contain information which is privileged and confidential. Unauthorised
use or copying for disclosure is strictly prohibited. The fact that this
e-mail has been scanned by Trendmicro Interscan does not guarantee that
it has not been intercepted or amended nor that it is virus-free.