saf message

Subject: Interfaces

Hi again,

not sure how much we want to move away from the Cloud profile, but going back to more technical stuff is lots of fun, so if time permits tomorrow, perhaps we should discuss about the catalogue interfaces as well. What is currently in the spec, I think is too coarse (get catalogue and set catalogue!).

Also, if we do put interfaces in the spec, I think this should be done in a more abstract level, e.g. what and how it can be manipulated, and not in any way that mandates the use of specific technologies (e.g. WS).

Then maybe we could provide guidelines, samples, appendixes, on more concrete interfaces for example using HTTP in a REST-like manner, or using WS-RF, etc.

Does this make sense? In any case, more in the call tomorrow.

Cheers,

Stavros