saf message

Subject: RE: [saf] Some work on the interfaces

Hi,

REST is too important to leave to chance, especially if we want to see an eco-system of open source and other reference implementations and POCs. I suggest a layered approach. Define the abstraction in the main spec. The REST implementation/binding could be defined in an appendix (slight preference) or separate document. I suspect there won’t be a rush to define WS bindings. :-)

Just one man’s opinion.

Thanks,

Paul

Paul Lipton

VP, Industry Standards and Open Source

Member, CA Council for Technical Excellence

Phone (preferred number!): +1 215 867-9231

Mobile: +1 267 987-6887

Email: paul.lipton@ca.com

THIS MESSAGE MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL, PRIVILEGED OR OTHER LEGALLY PROTECTED INFORMATION. IT IS INTENDED FOR THE ADDRESSEE ONLY. IF YOU ARE NOT THE ADDRESSEE (OR SOMEONE THE ADDRESSEE AUTHORIZED TO RECEIVE THIS MESSAGE), YOU ARE PROHIBITED FROM COPYING, DISTRIBUTING OR OTHERWISE USING IT. PLEASE NOTIFY THE SENDER AND RETURN IT AT OUR COST. THANK YOU.