saf message

Subject: Spec changes

Hi again,

Some changes I propose for the main spec based on our recent discussions:

-          CatalogueSource -> CatalogueEditor (or something that denotes the more fine grained control)

-          Case Manager -> remove? We have no real use for a Case Manager in the spec and certainly not in our implementation. I think this is redundant unless we consider adding "Case" as well as a concept –which might complicate things.

-          Add TypeRegistry –maybe with a better name? Also, this by no means mandates the actual existence of a registry in the system, but simply a point where users can find existing types. How this is to be implemented is a detail out of the spec (e.g. could be implemented as an actual registry/store, or as a query mechanism that collects this information from the various places in the framework)

-          I have some issues with the interfaces as set out in the spec. "Interfaces" imply specific interaction semantics, and the way they are currently spelled out makes me uncomfortable. In a sense, what we have there are not interfaces, but Roles! But we already have the term role for the active roles in the framework, so this makes things tricky (imagine: "The role of SymptomHandler can be taken by the role of Diagnostician" :-\ ) And these roles have some operations which we should spell out not in the common format ("getPrescriptionTypes" etc) but in a more loose way ("get/list prescription types"). Then in the relevant appendix we make it more concrete with specificities, e.g. REST.

Thoughts?

If we can agree on some of these, I can start editing the main spec.

Cheers,

Stavros

--

Fujitsu Laboratories of Europe

 Fujitsu Laboratories of Europe Limited
 Hayes Park Central, Hayes End Road, Hayes, Middlesex, UB4 8FE
 Registered No. 4153469

 This e-mail and any attachments are for the sole use of addressee(s) and
 may contain information which is privileged and confidential. Unauthorised
 use or copying for disclosure is strictly prohibited. The fact that this
 e-mail has been scanned by Trendmicro Interscan does not guarantee that
 it has not been intercepted or amended nor that it is virus-free.