saf message

Subject: Specification Lifecycle

Per our discussion today, here is the lifecycle of a specification:

-      Working Draft – any work not formally approved by the committee membership

-      Committee Draft – work that is approved by the committee membership

-      Public Review Draft – a CD that has been approved for public review

-      Committee Specification – a final deliverable

-      Oasis Standard – approved as a standard

I like Dave’s suggestion that we pull together some of the various updates to the spec we’ve recently been discussing (interfaces, xquery, roles) and create WD#2, and after sufficient discussion/refinement vote to approve it as CD#1.  As a CD it carries more weight in our external discussions.