saf message

Subject: RE: [saf] RE: Some points in the spec

Title: Re: [saf] RE: Some points in the spec

Hi Vivian,

Thanks, good points, I have implemented most of them. I have changed the enumeration values as well. The thing with minimal is to denote almost, but not quite, negligible :-) Individual systems and applications can use these as they fit; it is not for us to define strict semantics on these enumerations. So long as we provide a reasonable scale, it should be enough for our purposes.

Let me know if there are other issues. I would also like to hear comments from the rest of the group. Getting some consensus and voting on something next week should be our target now. Then we’ll look at the profile in more detail.

Thanks,

Stavros

From: Vivian Lee [mailto:Vivian.Lee@uk.fujitsu.com]
Sent: 27 October 2011 17:38
To: Isaiadis, Stavros; Black, Alvin; saf@lists.oasis-open.org; Vaught, Jeffrey A
Cc: David Snelling; Lipton, Paul C

Hi Stavros and All,

My comments on both the degree and the Appendix B.

Degree: I think that the Low and Minimal are similar _expression_, and if we have Minimal, do we want to add Maximal? Also in terms of treatment, what are the distinctive difference between a Low and Minimal? If it is Low then we should treat and if it is Minimal we should ignore?

The Appendix B and the schema example:

1.      comparing to Appendix A, we have Bob as Practitioner and Jane as Case Manager, I suggest that we should use some other names for catalogue authors.

2.      if we were having another role called Catalogue Authors, should it be added into Appendix A? Might not need explanation, but at least should have another box inside the diagram.

3.      when reading 6.1, I feel there are lots of contradictions to the definition of the Signature and Directive:

·                line 527, I would say “finds the schema defined by the SymptomSchema”, this indicate where the schema comes from, if it is from Catalogue,  if it is “used by Symptoms”, it should from the SymptomStore. Unless we define an extra step that extract all the SymptomSchemas from the existing SymptomStore, do we want to do that?

·                line 531 onwards, I think the PrescriptionSchema is a little bit different here from the SymptomSchema, cause the PS can be totally defined by the Catalogue author from general knowledge, not necessarily consult existing Prescription. So I would omit “she requires ...  Above 38.5.”

·         line 537 I would put “how to extract the value of these arguments”

·         line 539, I still not sure who generate the “PrescriptionSchema” here.

     4. A general comment on the schema examples: all the Types need to be changed to Contain <Uri>, maybe nice to have <Version>.

Let me know if these make sense?

Vivian