saml-dev message

Subject: RE: [saml-dev] SAML artifact source id config.

Title: RE: [saml-dev] SAML artifact source id config.
I would think that hex would be most convenient. This would make it easy for an operator to enter a number given in binary, decimal or hex. The usual reason for using base64 is to reduce the transmission size, which does not apply in this case.

Hal
-----Original Message-----
From: Chen, Fred [mailto:fchen@netegrity.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 18, 2002 5:19 PM
To: Mishra, Prateek; 'Hal Lockhart'; 'saml-dev@lists.oasis-open.org'

Hal explains the right reason for this discussion:
"the destination site will maintain a table of SourceID values "
"This information is communicated between the source and destination sites out-of-band."

This means the source will tell destination site some information about the
SourceID, for example, by email So that destination site is able to maintain that table.

Should we consider to suggest this out-of-band information be in plain text,
instead of 20 byte sequence? As it's hard to put that 20-bytes into a config file
without any conversion.

Thanks,

-Fred