saml-dev message

Subject: [saml-dev] [Fwd: Update on Facilities issues with Burton Group]

I discussed the document that Jim Kobielus sent to us earlier this week with Jim today. In an effort to make reading the document "easier" I've attempted to summarize many of the issues and questions here in this email. However, PLEASE do take the time to read the document.

o Identify responsible parties who will need the key for access to this room
- I volunteered to be the person that has responsibility for the hospitality suite
- We need to make sure that we put this room back into its original shape after the demo on Monday night the 15th by 11pm. The demo will be done at 10pm and we will have one hour to move equipment and straighten up. I MUST have names of the people from each organization that will be in that room helping to insure we get that done. If there is a more appropriate person feel free to speak up and the key (and responsibilities) are yours :-)

o Additional requirements for lighting appliances and facilities
- What are our lighting requirements?
- There will be two big chandeliers and we can dim those if we want
- Will we need/want desk lamps?
- Maybe one of us on the west coast near SF should take a trip up to the Hilton and check it out. Thoughts?

o Signage requirements for suite and all vendor stations in suite; artwork (logos) will need to be provided by June 10th to Kathy Herrmann
- Again, we need to have our marketing people talk VERY soon

o Tables
- We first have to know who the final vendors will be. Is anyone still on the fence about there participation?
- What kind of equipment will you be bringing?

o Power
- The equipment being brought will dictate this
- We should probably develop a master list of everything we will be bringing, including shared networking equipment

o Telecommunications/LAN/Internet
- Do we need/want telephones in the room? If so, how many?
- How many LAN connections? Will we use a big switch?
- Will we have just one internet connection? That seems to make the most sense.
- Who will provide the firewall machine and configure it?

o SAML press conference
- Do we want to hold the press conference in the demonstration room? It was at least initially thought that part of the press briefing would include a preview demonstration (this is on the morning of the 15th)
- Who is going to handle questions from the press during the press conference? Is this the same person that will be speaking during Catalyst?

Don;