saml-dev message

Subject: [saml-dev] IMPORTANT: Catalyst Registration information

My sincere apologies for not posting this sooner. Jim Kobielus just pointed out to me that this was in an attachment that I sent. Whether I posted that attachment or not I can't remember, but if any of you are like me you are much more likely to read stuff in the email, therefore, here it is. PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY. Let me know if you have any questions.

Please send the list of personnel who will be participating in the demo/suite to Dee Schur (dee.schur@oasis-open.org). Because she must provide her information to Burton by 6/28, let's say our deadline will be 6/21. This is the Friday after we finish with the dry runs, so we should have a pretty good idea by then.

Don;

Vendor registration:

All Catalyst attendees must be registered with proper ID, whether they are paying, non-paying, guests, press, employees, or hospitality suite staff. Everyone will be required to wear a badge at Catalyst, for security purposes.

All non-paying attendees who are not attending Catalyst general sessions will be issued temporary badges (different from the ones issued to paying attendees. Non-paying attendees involved in the OASIS demo/suite will receive temporary badges, which will exclude them from participating in breakfast, lunch, breaks, general sessions, and tutorials.

By June 28, 2002, OASIS must provide Burton Group with a complete list of the personnel from each vendor who will be participating in the OASIS demo/suite. The list must include both the vendor personnel who will participate in the demo on Monday, July 15, plus as any other vendor marketing, PR, and other technical personnel who will be there to setup, teardown, or otherwise support the activities in the demo/suite.

The registration requirements and associated costs for each category of vendor personnel are as follows:

·       For personnel from participating vendors who'll be participating in the demo/suite and who will be registering as paying attendees at Catalyst: There will be a 15 percent discount for OASIS members:

OASIS members who are also Burton Group clients: $1,610 per person ($1,895 minus 15 percent discount)

OASIS members who are not Burton Group clients: $1,950 per person ($2,295 minus 15 percent discount)

However, these discounted rates only apply to registrations made before Friday, June 14, 2002, and only apply if attendees reserve accommodations at Burton Group's preferred hotel provider: Hilton San Francisco & Towers. Register online for Catalyst at
www.burtongroup.com/catalyst/catna02/registration.asp and enter special promotion code of "CNAOA02". Also, we are extending the Catalyst hotel rate of $219 per night to OASIS members who stay at the Hilton San Francisco between July 12-17. Register online to stay at Hilton San Francisco & Towers at www.burtongroup.com/catalyst, or call 801-304-8175.

·       For personnel from participating vendors who are there only to set up, tear down, and/or support demo but won't register as paying attendees at Catalyst: They won't need to pay to participate in the demo/suite, but they'll still have to register as Hospitality Suite Staff.

Note that vendors will need to pay any Catalyst registration fees for participating personnel who register for the full conference, in addition to
any charges they pay to OASIS and/or the hotel for the costs of participating in the demo/suite.

Registration hours for Catalyst North America 2002 are:

·       Friday, July 12: 1:00pm - 5:00pm
·       Saturday, July 13: 7:00am - 6:00pm
·       Sunday, July 14: 7:00am - 7:00pm
·       Monday, July 15: 7:00am - 6:00pm
·       Tuesday, July 16: 7:00am - 5:00pm
·       Wednesday, July 17: 7:00am - 2:30pm

OASIS demo/suite participants can get registered on Friday if they are in the hotel or upon arrival.  They will be required to wear a badge at all times during the conference.