saml-dev message

Subject: [saml-dev] DNS Server setup - Note action items for each vendor

Title: DNS Server setup - Note action items for each vendor

The demo scenario specifies the following URL's:

Each vendor will host these URL's on from 1 to 4 different systems. The <dns_suffix> for the vendors will be:

All vendor systems will use static IP addresses defined as "192.168.16.xxy" where:

xx = the vendor number listed above

        y = a system number starting with 1 (no vendor has more than 3 or 4 so this algorithm should work fine.)

The DNS server will need to map the host name defined in the URL's to the IP addresses.

For example if RSA's portal is on our first laptop, we will map "portal.rsa.com" to address 192.168.16.91.  If our application and SAML artifact receiver are on the 2nd laptop, we have to map both "application.rsa.com" and "receiver.rsa.com" to address 192.168.16.92.

ACTION ITEM: Each vendor needs to provide the mappings of the URL hosts to their addresses.  We'll need to load these into the DNS servers for the dry runs.  While it's not a big deal to set these up when we get together for the dry runs, it would be easier if folks could send their mappings to the list before the dry runs so we can have the DNS servers ready to go when you arrive.

ACTION ITEM: Don - I recommend that we configure both the Sun and RSA dry run DNS servers with the address 192.168.16.200.  That's not in any company-specific address space defined above

ACTION ITEM: Each vendor should configure the DNS settings on their hosts to point at 192.168.16.200 and we won't then have to reconfigure any systems between the dry run and the conference.

Any comments/questions?

Thanks!

Rob Philpott

RSA Security Inc.