saml-dev message

Subject: RE: [saml-dev] Artifact type?

Rob,

the type 2 artifacts are not mandatory to implement. We are definitely dealing only with
type 1 artifacts.

- prateek
-----Original Message-----
From: Philpott, Robert [mailto:rphilpott@rsasecurity.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 05, 2002 10:49 AM
To: saml-dev@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [saml-dev] Artifact type?

The interop doc doesn't explicitly state this, but I am assuming that everyone is using Type 1 artifacts and not the Type 2 artifact described in the appendix.  Our code doesn't currently support type 2 and wanted to make sure we wouldn't have an interop problem.  It's not a big change for us, but it's one less task we need to do if no one will need it for the demo.

So is anyone planning to use Type 2 artifacts?

Rob Philpott

RSA Security Inc.

The Most Trusted Name in e-Security

Tel: 781-515-7115