saml-dev message

Subject: RE: [saml-dev] Sample SAML Response

Bhavna, will/has Sun changed the SAML implementation to use a dateTime
format other than what is in your sample SAML response?  The response you
attached has a dateTime value of "2002-5-14T01:24:35PDT", for example.

From my reading of http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/#dateTime, specifying a
time zone with this format is invalid.  I believe it is necessary to use the
"Z" (UTC) format or to append the time value with a "+/-hh:mm" value
indicating the offset from UTC for the time zone.

Have I misinterpreted the constraints on dateTime in XML Schema?

Thanks,

Rob Philpott
RSA Security Inc.
The Most Trusted Name in e-Security