saml-dev message

Subject: [saml-dev] Dry Run @ Sun

I am afraid that I have some bad news about the dry run here at Sun. We
will be in a room in our training center because of all the people that
are coming and all the machines. It was the only place that could
accomodate us and deal with the security issues. Unfortunately, we won't
have any internet access in that room. I am busy working to see if we
can get internet access from another location, still living within the
security constraints, but can't promise anything. Make sure that your
hotel has high-speed internet connections. From my discussions with Rob
Philpott I am hoping that we can avoid needing one, but I realize this
will really disappoint many of you that were hoping to sneak email
reading (and stock trading :-) into that time frame. It was just
unavoidable. If you knew the flaming hoops I've had to go through to
even make it possible you would understand :-)

To deal with the certificate issues we may need to set up our own local
CA (probably using our CMS product) and this will also mean that the two
dry runs will have different root certs. To deal with this we can either
have the 4 companies from the east make requests of the Sun CA at
Catalyst and then import our root or we can both just import each others
root certs. If there is more to it than that, forgive my stale PKI
knowledge.

As far as start time, I will plan to be at Building 15, where you will
enter, at 8:30am. I have asked the SunU manager to make sure our room
can be locked and only opened by request from Bhavna or myself,
realizing that some of you may still decide to take your machines out of
the room each night.

As far as having a "checklist" for the event, I'm not aware of one and
have to say that I have not put anything together. This needs to be
done, even if only at a macro level. Does anyone want to volunteer? One
of the key discussion points for the call on Tuesday should be how the
attendees will experience the demo.

If there are issues relating to the dry run at Sun that I have
overlooked, please ask soon. I've had no ability to send email for most
of the day and it is very frustrating.

Don;