saml-dev message

Subject: RE: [saml-dev] notBefore/notOnOrAfter unnecessary?

Scott,

>>Not to any degree that isn't already in place by enforcing an upper
>>bound on the difference between "Now" and
>>Response/@IssueInstant.

Agreed, this is an alternative mechanism. The point is that *some*
mechanism is required. Notice that your proposal makes this as
something to be resolved entirely by the relying party. Some would argue
that it is preferable to have the issuer control this "upper bound". This is
what the current proposal does.

- prateek

There