saml-dev message

Subject: RE: [saml-dev] any interest in another SAML InterOp - this time f or aEuropean a udience?

I am going to assume that everybody but Jim is on saml-dev, and not copy the long list of participant emails.

There was some discussion in SF about doing the European Catalyst, so in some sense Burton Group made the first offer.

The general reaction was most people, especially the smaller vendors did not have the resources to do it again in Europe and that the expected PR benefits would be much smaller to do the same thing again. Demonstrating a new aspect of SAML would be another matter.

This is essentially Entegrity Solutions current position, although I suppose if the other 11 vendors were going we might rethink it. ;-)

Hal
-----Original Message-----
From: Philpott, Robert [mailto:rphilpott@rsasecurity.com]
Sent: Friday, July 26, 2002 9:49 AM
To: saml-dev@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi folks - I was asked whether there'd be any interest in doing an interop event similar to what we did at Catalyst, but for a European audience.  Specifically, my marketing folks have asked if folks would like to do something at the upcoming RSA Conference in Paris October 7-10.

If so, please pass along a contact and I'll have someone get in touch.

Rob Philpott

RSA Security Inc.

The Most Trusted Name in e-Security

Tel: 781-515-7115