saml-dev message

Subject: RE: [saml-dev] Is a separate "ArtifactReceiver" required?

[Rob] The scope applies to the grey box and the description under "Where:"
below the box.

> My point is this:
>
> Is it legal that the InterSiteTransfer service redirects the user browser
> directly to for example
>
>    http://www.anycompany.com/application/resource&SAMLart=aabbccdd
>
> (assuming that the used servlet container is capable of inspecting every
> URL request incoming).

[Rob] It is NOT legal to use an HTTP response other than that described in
the document.  That is, it MUST use a URL formatted with
?TARGET=...&SAMLart=...

Note that the "?" begins URL parameters and also MUST be present.

> Taking the chapter 4.1.1.4 by the heart the <SAMLSerchpart> "must" have
> the form TARGET=....&SAMLart=....
> and thus MUST have a TARGET parameter.
>
> But sending a request like
>

> "http://www.anycompany.com/application/resource&TARGET=http://www.anycompa
> ny.com/application/resource&SAMLart=aabbccdd"
>
> looks odd.

[Rob] It should look like (note the first "&" should be "?"):
"http://www.anycompany.com/application/resource?TARGET=http://www.anycompany
.com/application/resource&SAMLart=aabbccdd"

Of course, I am assuming that "/application/resource" points to the artifact
receiver service in the target domain.

Why does this look odd?  The TARGET and SAMLart are simply URL parameters to