saml-dev message

Subject: RE: [saml-dev] Encoding of URI in "Alternative SAML Artifact Form at"

Thank you for your reply,but...

New question arises as to how to specify the source site identity.

> The source and destination site must have out-of-band agreed upon a
> relationship before the artifact arrives. In this sense, there is no
> "specification of the source-sites identity" through the artifact. But the
> specification should clearly explain the standard way characters are mapped
> to bytes and vice-versa. This is where UTF-8 should be recommended.

You said "there is no 'specification of the source-sites identity'
through the artifact."

Then, how does the destination site identify the source site when it
receives HTTP get Request from a source site such as 'http://assertion_
creation_URL?..TARGET=xxxx...&ARTFACT=yyy' in Artifact Profile?
In my understanding, it  is by means of  20byte-sourceID or
sourceLocation in  ARTIFACT data ( these data's uniqueness and semantics
may be  effective just in the relationship between source and
destination providers).

Isn't it correct?

Regards,
NTT Data Corporation