saml-dev message

Subject: Re: [saml-dev] Question about evidence element

Hello Samuel,

Thanks for your question.  You've pointed out an error in the
specification text; Evidence can indeed contain multiple assertions and
references to them.  I will correct the text for V2.0.

For future reference, if you ever find another discrepancy between the
text and the schema, the schema takes precendence.  (See the Notation
section in the beginning, which explains this.)

Thanks,

	Eve

GRU Samuel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a question about the spec SAML ("Assertions and Protocol for the
> OASIS Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) V1.1" document).
> In the paragraph 2.4.5.2 about the evidence, i read : " The <Evidence>
> element contains an assertion or assertion reference that the SAML
> authority...",
> but in the schema, we can have one or more assertion or assertion
> reference in a <Evidence> element.
>
> What is it correct ?
>

> Thanks in advance.
>
> Samuel GRU

Sun Microsystems                            cell +1 781 354 9441
Web Products, Technologies, and Standards    eve.maler @ sun.com