saml-dev message

Subject: RE: [saml-dev] Why Liberty if SAML provides the authentication framework ?

> So do you guys see somewhere Liberty and SAML 2.0 merge. I mean in
> Identity/Federation space there is lot of confusion already with
> Liberty,WS-Federation,Shibboleth etc.

I can speak for Shibboleth and say that our profile of SAML 1.1 will be
replaced with a (much smaller to non-existent) profile of SAML 2.0. As an
open source project, we're not going to have code the day after the spec is
done, but we'll get there.

Our hope and expectation is that Liberty ID-FF 1.2 will be superseded by
SAML 2.0 and that ID-WSF will be evolved to utilize it, but I can't speak
for Liberty.

-- Scott